New Addition in the Memorial Garden
Where this cross has been for more than 150 years is unknown, but its creation has been traced to France. It bears the date of 1851 and the French words, Corneau Freres of Charleville.
The Corneau foundary, created in 1846, by the Corneau brothers, Alfred and Emile, specialized in ornamental cast iron and produced numerous artistic cemetery crosses with images of St. Peter and St. Paul at the base of the cross. The Corneau Freres foundries became one of the leading manufacturers of art cast iron in the second half of the 19th century.
A gift of a large, ornate, antique cross has been given by Brenda Barnes in memory of her daughter Felicia Lynn Wine Mollohan. It rests above the columbarium in the Christ Church Memorial Garden.